Online Form 471 Technical Issues and Solutions
March 7, 2013
Several applicants are reporting technical issues when using the Form 471 (server errors, etc) as well as Block 4 discount calculation errors. Below is my advice on dealing with these errors:
1) Call CSB to report the problem so they have a record of it in your file and so they can report it to their IT help-desk. Their # is 888-203-8100.
2) If you close your browser and open a new browser, it often fixes the problem.
3) The USAC tools don't support Macs or any browser except Internet Explorer 6.0. That's the first question that CSB will ask when you call.
4) Clear your temporary Internet files.
5) The Block 4 errors that have been reported show a Block 4 discount of 20% (or 25% in rural counties) when the actual discount rate should be much higher. If this happens to you, report it to CSB and take a screenshot of what you entered and what discount the system gave you. Some applicants have reported that by re-entering the enrollment and NSLP data, then hitting Display Worksheet, it recalibrates the system and shows the accurate discount.
p.s. Congratulations to the 653 PA schools and libraries that submitted Form 471 applications as of last night!
Julie Tritt Schell
PA E-rate Coordinator
717-730-7133 - o
717-730-9060 - f