Guide to the New E-rate FCDLs in EPC
June 17, 2016
Beginning with FY 2016, no paper FCDLs will be mailed; all funding commitment decision letters will be generated in each applicant’s EPC profile. Each week USAC will issue a funding “wave” and applicants funded in that wave will receive an e-mail notification announcing that the FCDL can be found in EPC. The attached guide provides a screen-by-screen explanation of how to “generate” and “view” an FCDL. The steps are as follows:
- After receiving the e-mail notification, log into EPC.
- On the Landing Page, under Notifications at the top of the page, click on “Generate Notification.”
- After a few seconds, the language will change to “View Notification.”
- Click on “View Notification” which will take you to your Newsfeed.
- The Newsfeed will provide introductory FCDL text, and then links to three documents below:
1) The FCDL “Supplement” which is standard text explaining the FCDL and how to appeal.
2) A link to a .CSV file containing your funding information by FRN. THIS IS YOUR FCDL.
3) A link to the Form 471.
It’s important to review the .CSV file (FCDL) for accuracy.
Column C will show whether the FRN was funded, reduced, denied or cancelled.
Column S will show the amount committed.
- Pay close attention to this column to ensure you were awarded the committed amount you were expecting.
Column T will provide an explanation if the FRN was reduced or denied.
If you disagree with a decision, you must appeal within 60 days of the FCDL date.
The next step is to file the Form 486, which also must be done in EPC. The new Form 486 is extremely simple and the link to it can be found on the EPC Landing Page in the top right corner of the page. I will send a Form 486 Guide to the listserve shortly.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Julie Tritt Schell
PA E-rate Coordinator