2015-2016 NSLP Data Released
February 2, 2016
~ CEP % Data Included for Participating Schools ~
~ Helpful Graphic Attached – Where to List NSLP or CEP data in EPC ~
The PDE Bureau of Food and Nutrition has just released the raw National School Lunch Data that was submitted by schools to PDE in October 2015, as well as the CEP data for participating schools. The spreadsheet is attached and soon will be posted to the PA E-rate website under the Discount Calculations tab or directly at: http://e-ratepa.org/?page_id=743. This 2015 data is what schools and libraries should list in each school’s EPC profile unless they want to use alternative data (such as surveys, more recent data, etc.). The FY 2016 Form 471 will then pull that data from the schools’ profiles into the form to calculate the appropriate E-rate discounts.
The data that should be listed in the EPC profile should be the Enrollment and Free/Reduced Lunch data (from columns W and X). If the school is participating in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) program, open the second tab (CEP % Data) and use the Enrollment and CEP % data in the EPC profile. Attached is a page showing screenshots of the EPC profile pages for both CEP schools and non CEP schools. Note: Libraries will no longer list any enrollment or NSLP data. This data will be ported from the school district’s profile for which the main library is located.
Where to Modify Enrollment/NSLP Data in EPC:
To access the page in your EPC profile to update this information, follow these steps from your EPC Landing Page:
> Go to your EPC Landing Page (home screen). Click on the USAC Logo in the top left side of the page to get there.
> Click on the School’s name for which you want to modify (tab through to see other schools as they only show 5 to a page)
> This screen will show the school’s data currently in the system. To modify this data, click on Modify Organization at the top right side of the page
> Scroll down to the School Information Section and enter the relevant data. Note: The data currently in the fields is what you listed on your FY 2015 Form 471, Block 4.
> Note, the system will require you to fill in 0 for the part time fields if you only have full time students. It also will require you to list that you didn’t use an Alternative Discount Mechanism.
> After you click Submit, the system will ask you to assign a Nickname to this change. I suggest you use “Updated NSLP data for FY 2016″ or something similar.
> To return to the list of schools, click on the USAC Logo on the top left side of the page to return to your Landing Page. Start the process over for the next school.
A few very important notes:
1) When the SLD’s PIA staff reviews your applications, they use the attached data to validate your discounts. If you have other data (such as from an income survey or more recent NSLP data), you may use it but you should expect a call from the PIA staff requesting thorough documentation to validate your figures.
2) This spreadsheet only contains buildings that have students participating in the NSLP program. Your EPC profiles must contain ALL of the buildings that are receiving E-rate discounted services, including your non-instructional facilities (NIFs), such as bus barns, administration buildings, etc. If you have not yet added those NIF buildings into your EPC Portal, call USAC at 888-203-8100 and have them added.
3) There is a template to upload the enrollment/NSLP or CEP data into EPC instead of going through this process school by school (which will be useful for large school districts). However, the template was just release and hasn’t been tested. It’s available under > Related Actions, then > Upload Entity Profile Data.
4) Consortia will NOT enter this data for their member schools/districts. In fact, they cannot enter this data for their members (it all has to be done at the district level). However, if the IU has obtained a Consultant Registration Number (CRN), they can enter this data on behalf of their schools if, as the consultant, they’ve been given full or partial rights.
5) If you have any questions about your NSLP information, contact Joan Plank at the Bureau of Food and Nutrition at 717-783-6558. If you have questions about your CEP information, contact Eliza Hanft at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6) If you have any questions about calculating your E-rate discounts, please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
Julie Tritt Schell
PA E-rate Coordinator