USAC Form 471 Webinars Scheduled – Register Now
February 4, 2016
The Form 471 application window opened yesterday at noon and I’d like to offer congratulations to John Baer from the Donegal School District who submitted the very first PA application! The application itself does not appear to be too difficult, although I’ve just started to learn it. What IS challenging is the amount of prep work that must go into your EPC portal and your school building profiles prior to filing the 471. More detailed information to come on completing those steps.
USAC has just announced a series of webinars on two separate tracts over the next four weeks. Register at: http://usac.org/sl/about/outreach/default.aspx. The first tract of webinars for beginners will cover very basic program information and the application process. The second tract of webinars (and the ones I think most of you will want to attend) will provide a detailed walkthrough of specific sections of the Form 471 and be conducted in four parts. For each webinar, the recorded walkthrough will be followed by a live question-and-answer session.
Schedule of Beginners’ Webinars: (Note: I think these will be VERY basic)
- E-rate 101: Introduction to the E-rate Program – Tuesday, February 16 at 3:00 PM EST
- E-rate Program Application Process, Part 1 (Forms 470 and 471) – Wednesday, February 17 at 3:00 PM EST
- E-rate Program Application Process, Part 2 (PIA and Invoicing) – Thursday, February 18 at 3:00 PM EST
Schedule of Form 471 Webinars: (Note: Each of these webinars will occur twice – please only register for one of each session.)
- How to Complete Basic and Entity Information to Prepare for Filing Form 471 – Tuesday, February 23 and Thursday, February 25
- Schools and school districts at 1:00 PM EST
- Libraries and library systems at 2:30 PM EST
- Consortia at 4:00 PM EST
- How to Complete Category 1 Funding Requests on Form 471 –Tuesday, March 1 and Thursday, March 3 at 1:00 PM EST
- How to Complete Category 2 Funding Requests on Form 471 – Tuesday, March 1 and Thursday, March 3 at 2:30 PM EST
- How to Understand and Complete the Certifications Section, and Complete Form 471 – Tuesday, March 8 and Thursday, March 10 at 1:00 PM EST
Register at: http://usac.org/sl/about/outreach/default.aspx. Also,I will be conducting webinars in the coming weeks after I become more familiar with the system. In the meantime, I encourage you to register for the USAC workshops and pay close attention to the e-mails I will be sending to the listserve in the next days/weeks.
Julie Tritt Schell
PA E-rate Coordinator