Today’s the Final Day!
March 26, 2014
Today marks the final day that you can hit submit on your FY 2014 Form 471. As of last night, 1005 PA schools and libraries had filed applications, leaving about 245 entities that will be filing today. If you’re in this situation, remember these things:
– Online System Errors?: Simply close your browser, open a new browser and try again. This almost always works.
– File Before Noon when the west coast hits the system and it turns into a crawl.
– Uncertified Form 470 notice? Go ahead and submit your 471, then go back to Apply Online and click on ‘Certify Complete’ under the Form 470 column to either paper certify or electronically certify.
– Made a mistake on your submitted 471? You can correct it 1 of 2 ways:
a/ Submit a new 471 before 11:59 p.m. tonight with a new, correct FRN, and then cancel the original erroneous FRN when the BLUE Receipt Acknowledgement Letter (RAL) arrives. — OR –
b/ Wait and just correct the mistake on the RAL. RAL changes should be faxed to 973-599-6526. More information about RAL corrections will be forthcoming.
– Don’t have time to submit your Item 21 Attachments? Item 21 attachments are supposed to be submitted or postmarked by the close of the window. If you can’t make tonight deadline, submit them in the next few days. USAC grants a short grace period after the window closes where they will still be accepted.
– Don’t have a PIN? Submit your 471 online even if you don’t have a PIN. Hit submit, then print out the paper certification and have it postmarked by today, March 26. The SLD will then mail you a PIN about 2 weeks later that you can use to certify all future E-rate applications.
– Calling CSB? If you call the SLD’s Client Service Bureau (888-203-8100) today, hit ’0′ when you reach the recording to reach a live agent. Do not leave a message.
– Questions about Forms? Please refer to one of these previous e-mails as the answer is likely there!
Form 471: http://e-ratepa.org/Listserve-Archive/2014/03-10-14.html
New Item 24 Questions: http://e-ratepa.org/Listserve-Archive/2014/03-03-14_3.html
Item 21 Attachments: http://e-ratepa.org/Listserve-Archive/2014/03-13-14.html
Signing Contracts: http://e-ratepa.org/Listserve-Archive/2014/03-01-14_2.html
Selecting Vendors/Bid Evaluation: http://e-ratepa.org/Listserve-Archive/2014/02-24-14_2.html
Please e-mail me if you need assistance! I’ll be checking e-mails until late tonight! Happy Filing!
Julie Tritt Schell
PA E-rate Coordinator
717-730-7133 – o
717-730-9060 – f