E-rate Changes: What Service Providers Need to Know
July 31, 2014
The PA Association of Intermediate Units (PAIU) is pleased to announce a 2-hour webinar to provide all E-rate service providers with valuable information related to the FCC’s recent E-rate Reform Order. While all of the changes affect schools and libraries, most of the Order’s new rules and requirements also affect all E-rate service providers as well beginning in Funding Year 2015. The webinar will be presented by Julie Tritt Schell, PA E-rate Coordinator and Debra Kriete, PAIUnet Legal Counsel, both experts in all matters E-rate. A list of the topics to be presented during the webinar is below and there will be ample time for Q & A.
Date: August 13, 2014
Time: 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Fee: $150 per attendee
After registration your reservation is received, log-in credentials will be e-mailed.
The following topics will be explained in detail during the webinar.
- District-wide Discount Calculations for Priority 1 and 2
- Priority 1 Service Eligibility Changes, including E-mail, Webhosting, Wireless Data, and Voice Services
- Voice Phase Out Schedule
- Priority 1 Bidding Exemptions for Commercially Available Internet Packages
- Priority 1 Bundled/Free Equipment Limitations
- Priority 2 Service/Equipment Eligibility Changes and Additions
- Priority 2 Discount Matrix Changes
- Priority 2 Funding Caps and Floor per School/Library
- Priority 2 Annual E-rate Funding Targets/Availability (how much money is set-aside for P2)
- Priority 2 Early Installation
- Stricter Invoicing Deadlines
- Electronic Filing Requirement for Forms
- Expanded Document Retention Rules
- Adoption of National Broadband Goals
- National Preferred Master Contracts
- Lowest Corresponding Price
- Data Collection Expansion
- Pricing Transparency
- Direct BEAR Invoicing
- Further NPRM on Several Issues
For questions related to registration, please contact Lisa Bonebrake at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAIU Executive Director