Category 2 Webinars Scheduled for Wednesday, November 30
November 15, 2016
Public Schools: 10:00 – 11:30
Nonpublic Schools & Libraries: 1:30 – 3:00
Category 2 is the E-rate funding mechanism available to provide discounts for networking equipment and infrastructure within a school or library building. All eligible requests that have followed the proper bidding rules will be funded, regardless of E-rate discount, up to a building’s 5-year cap.
Although the process is identical to FY 2016, I know there are still some applicants that are unsure how to apply for Category 2 funding. Therefore two webinars have been scheduled for Wednesday, November 30 to provide training/answer questions related to Category 2. The webinars will cover the same general topics, but will have different content depending on the entity type as public schools have much different requirements/options than nonpublic schools and libraries. Both webinars will cover:
- What’s Eligible
- C2 Budget Caps (and determining what’s remaining if you applied in FY 2015 or FY 2016)
- Procurement Options and Bidding Requirements for PA Applicants
- Category 2 Purchasing Timeline
- Post-Funding Commitment To-Do List
There is a maximum of 100 seats for each webinar, therefore registration is required. Notes:
1) Only register for the webinar that pertains to your entity type
2) Limit registration to no more than 2 people/organization
3) Only schools and libraries may register/attend – no vendors
Public Schools Registration Only: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/C2-Nov30
Nonpublic Schools and Libraries Registration Only: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/C2Nov30LibNon
Registrants will receive a separate e-mail the day before the training with a link to the webinar. Also, additional guidance will be sent to the listserve related to Category 2 in the coming days so you can come to the training prepared with questions.
We look forward to seeing you there!