Creating PEPPM-Related Contract Records in EPC
March 8, 2017
Contract Data Points for PEPPM Mini-Bid Procurements
~ Do it PRIOR TO Starting the Form 471 ~
~ PEPPM-Related Contracts Module Guide Attached ~
~ PEPPM-Related Data Points Attached ~
This message pertains ONLY to public schools that have chosen to conduct a PEPPM-Mini Bid procurement in lieu of the For 470/RFP process. After completing your PEPPM Mini-Bid procurement, bid evaluation process, and signing a vendor contract – but prior to starting the Form 471 – districts must create Contract Records in the EPC Contract Module for every new FY 2017 signed PEPPM contract. Each Contract Record will provide information related to the Form 470 # used to bid the service, # of bids received, Contract Award Date, Vendor Selected, etc. related to that contract.
In order to quickly move through the Contract Module, it’s best to be prepared with the information in-hand. Attached is a spreadsheet listing the required data elements for PEPPM-based contracts so you can be sure to have these available prior to completing the Contracts Module. The spreadsheet also gives helpful hints as to what to enter for each item.
Several important notes:
- All Category 2 procurements must result in a contract and therefore all C2 contracts will have contracts established in your EPC Contract Module. Because all PEPPM-based contracts are Category 2, I encourage you to upload a copy of your signed contract into the EPC Contract Record. You’re not required to do so, but I found that PIA will ask you for your C2 contract during their review anyway, so it just speeds things along if you have it in your Contract Module.
- Except for the PEPPM Form 470 #, you will rely entirely on the contract information that was signed between the district and the vendor. Don’t forget, C2 contracts can be as simple as using the vendor-quote (on letterhead), signed by the District, with the contract term. Note: 4/1/2017 is the earliest you can make your contract term begin. Obviously, if you’re signing the contract after 4/1/2017, the contract term should begin as of the contract signing date. The contract expiration date should be 9/30/2018.
- The system doesn’t ask for the contract expiration date — this data element must be entered in each funding request within the Form 471 itself. Why? Because due to voluntary extensions in some contracts, it’s possible that the CED can change from year to year.
- Give your contract a really descriptive nickname! When you create an FRN in the Form 471, the system will ask if the service is a contracted service. When specify ‘contract’ the system will then make you choose which contract from the Contract Module the FRN is related. Having a descriptive nickname will make it much easier to identify which contract you’re referencing.
- Attached is a spreadsheet listing the required data elements for PEPPM-generated contracts. It may be helpful to enter your data in the spreadsheet ahead of time so you have everything in one place when you complete the Contracts Module.
- There is no way to edit or delete submitted contract information (you can modify draft information before you hit submit). If you messed up, you’ll just have to start over and create a new contract. The old contract will just die on the vine; (for now) it can’t be removed.
Where to Access the Contract Module in EPC:
To access the Contract Module in your EPC profile, follow these steps from your EPC Landing Page (attached are screenshots explaining exact where to go):
> Go to your EPC Landing Page (home screen). Click on the USAC Logo in the top left side of the page to get there.
> Click on you Entity’s Name which is the first entity on the Organization List.
> Next Page: Click on Contracts from the left toolbar.
Please refer to the attached screenshots and instructions as you complete the Contract Module, and if you have any questions, please let me know!