How to Modify/Cancel FY 2017 Submitted Applications
April 5, 2017
~ Called RAL Correction Process ~
Several applicants have filed Form 471s for FY 2017 and would like to make changes to those applications, cancel individual FRNs or cancel the 471 entirely. That function is performed using the “RAL Correction Process” found with your Form 471, which is now operational for FY 2017. This process replaces the old Receipt Acknowledgement Letters (RALs) that USAC mailed after a 471 was submitted on which you could make changes and fax back. RAL Corrections can be made anytime up and until the FCDL issued (not after), but I strongly encourage you submit your RAL Corrections as soon as you know of a change that must be made so the PIA reviewer can have it in-hand during their review.
This message explains where to find the RAL Correction Process feature in EPC and then how to make different changes using the online form.
Finding the RAL Correction Feature in EPC
Follow these steps from your EPC Landing Page:
> Click on Name of District or Library
> FCC Forms (from left Toolbar)
> Form 471 > FY 2017
> Click on Relevant 471 Number
> Related Actions (from left Toolbar)
> Submit Modification Request (RAL)
> Then answer the appropriate questions in the RAL Correction module
Options Available for RAL Corrections/Changes
When you enter the RAL Correction module, you will be asked if you want to make changes to the “Application” or to the “Entity.” Entity changes will relate just to your organization and your schools’ and libraries’ including their addresses, enrollment/NSLP data, etc. Most applicants will choose “Application” as this relates to all of the funding requests in your application. Depending on which you choose, there will be sub-topics that also must be selected. Listed below are the major options:
– APPLICATION —
> Application Details: If you click the Application button and then choose Application Details from the sub-category dropdown, click the Continue button. You can either cancel your application, or you can modify the application nickname, the contact person, and the holiday contact information.
> Funding Request Details: If you click the Application button and then choose Funding Request Details, you will see a list of the funding request numbers (FRNs) on this form.
- To Create a new FRN and add its key information, click the Add FRN button. (Only use this option after May 11 when it’s too late to submit any new Form 471s.)
- To Modify an Existing FRN, check the box to the left of the FRN:
- View Line Items allows you to view the line items for that FRN. If you check the box next to a line item, you can edit the line item or manage the recipients of service.
- Edit Funding Request allows you to Cancel the FRN or edit the FRN Key Information.
- Edit Purchase Agreement allows you to make certain changes to the information you originally entered regarding services provided under contract or on a tariffed or month-to-month basis. Note that if you chose contracted services and now want to associate a different contract record with your FRN, you must first create that new contract record in your profile so that it will appear in your search results.
– ENTITY —
> BEN: If you click the Entity button and then click BEN, check the box to the left of the BEN and choose one of the following:
- Add Related Entity pulls up a list of the entities associated with the BEN. You can add any of the entities on the list to your FCC Form 471. (See below for how to associate a school to your school district or a library branch to your library system.)
- Edit allows you to edit the information that appears in the organization’s profile. Remember that the profile itself is not updated by any modifications you make here.
> Related Entities: If you click the Entity button and then click Related Entities, you are presented with the current list of entities associated with the BEN on this form. To modify information for an entity, check the box to the left of the entity’s name.
- Clicking Remove will remove the selected entity from the application.
- Clicking Edit allows you to edit the same information that appears in the entity’s profile. Remember that the profile itself is not updated by any modifications you make here.
If the modification you want to request is not included in the options above, create a document that describes your modification request in detail. To upload your document to your request, click Application, choose Application Details from the sub-category dropdown and click Continue, then use the Upload File function in the Supporting Documentation section of the Application Details page to upload your document. you should use this upload feature if the Client Service Bureau (CSB) has created an entity for your during the time your profile has been locked, but the entity could not be associated with your organization. You can also indicate which FRN line items should feature this entity as a recipient of service.
SUBMITTING THE REQUEST
After you’ve completed data entry for all of the modifications you would like to submit in this request, review the Requested Changes table one last time to make sure all of your modifications are correct. You can always remove a requested modification by checking the box to the left of the modification and clicking the ‘Remove’ button. To submit your request, click the Finish & Submit Request button at the bottom of the screen.
You can review your submitted RAL Corrections by clicking the Reports tab at the top of your EPC Landing Page, and choosing My Submitted Modification Requests (RAL). You can also click the word View in the Supporting Document(s) column to see the documents you have uploaded to that request.
If you have any questions about RAL Corrections, please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Julie Tritt Schell
PA E-rate Coordinator