What’s New For Funding Year 2015
December 2, 2014
On November 20, a webinar was conducted for PA applicants that outlined the many changes for Funding Year 2015. If you couldn’t attend, I strongly encourage you to view the archive or review the attached PowerPoint from that training. The webinar is archived at http://vclass.cciu.org/recordings.html. A list of items outlined in the training is included below, along with a few updates to items that have changed since the presentation.
New Form 470 – The FY 2015 Form 470 is now available. There’s not much different about the form except the document retention certification is now 10 years instead of 5. For those of you who filed using the FY 2014 Form 470, that’s fine. You can use the FY 2014 Form 470 number on your FY 2015 E-rate application. A helpful primer on the Form 470 is available at: http://e-ratepa.org/?p=4531.
New Form 471 – The new 471 is available in paper version for viewing-only at http://www.usac.org/_res/documents/sl/pdf/forms/471.pdf. The online 471 is being entirely revamped this year and is not yet available for viewing/testing. As outlined in the attached PP, there are numerous changes to the form and applicants are strongly encouraged not to wait until the end of the window to begin the application this year. When the new online form is available, we will conduct training sessions.
FY 2015 Form 471 Application Window – The Form 471 window is expected to open in early January and close in late March. Firm dates will be announced soon.
Other Items Outlined in Presentation:
• Change to Discount Calculations
• Change to Rural Definition
• Using the NSLP Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) for E-rate
• Category 1 Changes: Elimination of Services/Phase-Out of Voice Service
• Commercially-Available Bundled Internet Bidding Exemption
• Change to Category 2 Discount Matrix Maximum Discount
• Technology Plan Requirement Repealed
• Proposed Major Increase to E-rate Funding Cap
• Category 2 Per-Pupil Funding Budgets
• Category 2 Eligible Service Changes (No Voice/Video Equipment is Eligible)
• New Form 471 Changes
• Strict Invoice (BEAR) Deadlines
• New Document Retention Rules
If you have any questions, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mail is always the best way to reach me!
Julie Tritt Schell
PA E-rate Coordinator
717-730-7133 – o
717-730-9060 – f