E-rate EPC Portal – How to Create Your EPC Password
July 23, 2015
The purpose of this message is to walk Account Administrators (the person who signed your FY 2015 Form 471) through the steps to create their EPC password and ensure that they can log-in to their new account. As a reminder, only the person sent the invitational email – the Account Administrator – can set up the Billed Entity’s account. Once the account is established, the AA can turn over AA rights to another individual, designate other users in the school or library to submit forms, designate consultants, etc.
By now, I hope all of all Account Administrators have received their initial EPC login e-mail (example attached) that we discussed in the previous message (http://e-ratepa.org/?p=8291). * If this person has NOT received their initial EPC log-in e-mail (example attached), call USAC’s Client Service Bureau at 888-203-8100. Likewise, if that person is no longer with your school or library, contact CSB to change the name/contact information of your Account Administrator*
After receiving that message, the next step is to create your EPC password and login to your account. Follow these steps (for a video tutorial of these steps, go to: http://www.usac.org/sl/about/outreach/videos/EPC-logging-in.aspx):
1) Go to: https://portal.usac.org/suite
2) Enter the “Username” which is the e-mail address of the Account Administrator, but leave “Password” blank.
3) Click on “Forgot Password”.
4) A page will appear asking you to re-enter your Username and click on “Request Password Reset”
5) The system will then send a temporary link to that e-mail address which is only valid for 15 min.
6) At that link, you will then re-enter your Username, and create an EPC password. NOTE: Your password must meet all of the following criteria:
• Is at least eight characters
• Has not been used in the previous four passwords
• Contains at least one character in the English alphabet
• Contains at least one numeral (0 through 9)
• Contains at least one non-alphabetic character (such as !, $, #, %)
• Contains at least one uppercase character (A through Z)
• Contains at least one lowercase character (a through z)
Write down your password!!!!
7) The system will then display a screen stating that your password has been reset and that you may now log-in to EPC.
8) Log-in to your portal to accept the initial terms and conditions. Go to https://portal.usac.org/suite with your Username and new Password.
9) Your news page will include a welcome message. Click the link in the news item to go to your task to read and accept the EPC terms and conditions.
What’s Next? The next EPC-related message that will focus on tasks that the AA can/must perform inside the portal.
If you have any questions, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Julie Tritt Schell
PA E-rate Coordinator