Register Now for Comprehensive Beginners E-rate Training in PA!
August 16, 2015
For those of you who are new to E-rate or want a refresher, the Pennsylvania Department of Education is again sponsoring three in-person E-rate trainings being held in various regions of the state. This year’s workshops will again be full-day and be held in early November. This year’s workshop contents have been revamped to provide comprehensive, step-by-step training on how to apply for E-rate (both Category 1 and Category 2) and demonstrate how to submit a Form 470 in the new USAC EPC Portal.
Check-in will begin at 8:30 a.m., with the workshop running from 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Each training is identical and lunch will be provided. Seating is limited to 2 attendees from each school or library, and you must register to attend (see below). The workshops are free, but a $50 cancellation fee will apply for cancellations made with less than 48 hours’ notice.
Please note: There will be shorter E-rate webinar trainings announced shortly for:
- Veteran PA applicants (those already familiar with the program but need to know what they changes are for FY 2016)
- How to set up your E-rate EPC Portal
- How to File a Form 470 in the new EPC Portal
1) Westmoreland Intermediate Unit 7 (Greensburg/Pittsburgh Area): Monday, November 9
Address of Training Location: 102 Equity Dr, Greensburg, PA 15601
2) Capital Area Intermediate Unit 15 (Harrisburg area): Wednesday, November 11
Address of Training Location: 55 Miller Street, Summerdale, PA 17025
3) Chester County Intermediate Unit (Downingtown/Philadelphia Area): Friday, November 13
Address of Training Location: 455 Boot Road, Downingtown PA 19335
If you have any questions, please let me know. I look forward to seeing you this fall!
Julie Tritt Schell
PA E-rate Coordinator
717-730-7133 – o
717-730-9060 – f