Thursday is Final Day to Post 470s for Schools/Districts
April 26, 2016
~ Helpful Filing Guides at e-ratepa.org ~
As you know, USAC extended the Form 471 deadline for schools and school districts until May 26 due to the challenges applicants are facing with the new E-rate Productivity Center (EPC) and Form 471. That makes this Thursday, April 28 the last possible day to post a Form 470 and still leave the final day of the window to file your Form 471. Please don’t wait this long! If you still need to file a Form 470, please do so TODAY in order to give yourself 4 days at the end of the window to file your Form 471. (Libraries’ 471 deadline is July 21, making their 470 deadline June 23).
If you are using the PEPPM mini-bid process for your Category 2 equipment/installation, you only need to have the mini-bid out for approx. 14 calendar days, which gives you a little more time to conduct those procurements (remember, no 470 is needed for PEPPM mini-bids).
Status of PA’s 471 Filings, as of April 25:
Based on these figures, I estimate that 600 applicants still need to submit 471s.
Need help? I’ve compiled all of my helpful guides on a single page in the PA E-rate website: http://e-ratepa.org/?page_id=754. There you will find links to the following materials:
- Updating Each School’s EPC Profile
- PA Enrollment/NSLP/CEP Data
- Answering the Connectivity Questions
- Completing a General Contract Module
- Completing a PEPPM-Related Contract Module
- IU Discount Calculation Guidance
- Schools with Part-Time Students Enrollment Guide
- Category 1 Filing Guide
- Category 2 Filing Guide
- Category 2 Budget Calculations and Calculators
- Category 2 Cost Allocation Guide for Shared Equipment
- PA Library Classification Options
- Getting “Unstuck” in the Form 471
- E-rate for Beginners
- USAC’s EPC/471 Guides and Video Tutorials
- A complete copy of the PA Training Binder contents from Fall 2015
If you can’t find what you need in one of these documents, please don’t hesitate to e-mail me at: email@example.com. Happy filing!
Julie Tritt Schell
PA E-rate Coordinator